Thursday, July 19, 2007

Glitter @ HotFreeLayouts.com
Site Meter

my heart aches

i wrote this poem today in memory of my sweet baby niece or nephew.

My Heart Aches

My heart aches to hold you dear,
to kiss your little face and nibble your ear.

To smell your sweet baby scent,
to hear your sweet cries, your first giggle and your first smile.

I love you so much and it breaks my heart that I will never
be able to meet you and hold you,
and to be the auntie that I wanted to be for you.

I am gonna miss getting that burp out when noone else can,
and changing those poopy diapers just because I can.

I will miss the baby turrets that I get, and the pit in my tummy,
and me wanting to just SQUEEZE you till I heard that cute little grunt.

I dreamed of the day that I would see you be born.

I dreamed of the laughter and the joy that you would bring to this world.

I dreamed of watching you grow older and of cousin dyllan and Ashley playing with you.

I dreamed of what you would look like.

Would you have your momma’s eyes, your daddy’s ears? Ethan’s lips? Kaiden’s smile?

I dreamed of all these things and I still do,
I love you so much my sweetie, cutie pie.


Love you with all of my heart,
your bestest auntie





8 Comments:

Blogger Jane H said...

C the poem is so beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing.

6:45 PM  
Blogger christina said...

thank you, it felt really good to write it.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

That is beautiful Christina. They say that is one of the best ways to cope with something like this. I even felt better after writing my blog last night and it has been 2 years since mine. I absolutely loved it. I hope Heather comes to your blog and reads it, it will really touch her heart.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

What a wonderful, touching, amazing poem. You wrote it so beautifully. So so sorry for your familiy's loss.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful poem Christina. I hope you guys all feel better soon. HUGS

8:22 PM  
Blogger Donna C said...

Beutiful poem Christina and HUGS to you and your family

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is beautiful Christina, you had me in tears.

Hugs to you all.

2:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love your new blog look!!!!! You did it girl!

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home