Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Glitter @ HotFreeLayouts.com
Site Meter

a song that my mom used to sing us kids when we were little

she learned it when she was little at camp. she has no idea who wrote it, but i absolutely love it

I KNOW A PLACE

I know a place, where no one ever goes.
There is peace and quiet, beauty and repose.
It's hidden in a valley beside a mountain stream,
and lying there beside the stream, i find that i can dream,
only of things of beauty to the eye,
snow peaked mountains towering to the sky.
now i know that god has made this world for me.

One can imagine himself as in a dream,
climbing up a mountain or down a small ravine.
The beauty of this peace and quiet always shall stay,
to make this place a haven for each and every day.
ohh how i wish i never had to leave,
and all my life such beauty to receive.
now i know that god has made this world for me.


i keep singing this and it makes me feel better


6 Comments:

Blogger Jane H said...

Oh I remember this song! I'm so happy it's making you feel a little better. I so wish I could reach through the computer and give you and Heather both hugs! Lots and lots of hugs, love and prayers.

4:31 PM  
Blogger christina said...

do you know who wrote it and who sang it? or even the title LOL i don't even know the title, i assume it is "i know a place" but i could be wrong LOL

4:42 PM  
Blogger Heather Rose said...

I love that song too, and i love you sis and im so sorry this is hurting you so much. but im glad this song helps you feel a bit better. it makes me feel a bit better too.

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thant is a beautiful song.

12:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the words...they are so comforting aren't they?

4:55 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

What a beautiful song! Christina your blog is beautiful too. Love all the pink

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home