Friday, December 01, 2006

Glitter @ HotFreeLayouts.com
Site Meter

okay update

so i had my dr's appointment today and apparently sometime in this last month or so i contracted mononucleosis. go figure LOL. he said that it was actually quite common and is a virus passed on like any other virus only this is through saliva. so i could have gotten it from someone coughing, sharing a drink, etc. he also said that ppl can have it and not even know it and that you can have it and not show symptoms. apparently it lasts 4-6 weeks and you show symptoms like a cold or worse. i never showed the cold like symptoms, just the fatigue. he also said that i probably was tired before that from stress and the hysterectomy that i had since i have been exhausted for a lot longer then 4-6 weeks. my thyroid looks good, only the t3 was slightly elevated but everything else was with in normal range. anyway it through me for a loop LOL since i had no idea of having mono LOL i mean how the hell did i get it, i guess from anywhere LOL who the hell knows. So anyway that is why i have been so exhausted lately, well that and stress and such. he also said that i should watch out for chronic fatigue syndrome because he said that mono can lead to that. okay LOL none of this explains my hair loss LOL although it has gotten better so that is good. sometimes i feel like i am just being a dork, which is why i don't go to docs LOL.

okay have i said that my hip has been poppin out LOL yes i feel like i am getting old LMAO. anyway when i was a baby, 2 yrs old i had to wear those braces from the knees to the shoes for being pigeon toed, anyway i have always been able to pop my right hip out, which never hurt and i quit doing the popping thing when i was in my very early twenties. well in my twenties my hips hurt, so i went to the doc and she said i had arthritis LOL go figure. anyway my hips hurt periodically and such, well lately, like over the past five months, my right hip started popping out on its own and talk about pain. i would scream it would hurt so bad. it would only hurt for a couple minutes. well then my hip started doing this a few times a day. just moving my foot from the gas pedal to the break pedal would pop my hip out and send me into excruciating pain. now it is at the point that it does this when ever i turn my foot to the side or what have you. anyway, i hate talking to docs about this because i feel like a big ole whiner LOL but my mom said that given my braces that i had to wear when i was a baby and such that my hip probably isn't sitting in my socket right etc etc kinda like hip dysplasia or what have you. so i decided to talk to him about this and he is ordering exrays and if that doesn't show anything then he will order a catscan and go from there. i don't feel like i am just whining to him LOL i talk to my hubby about this and he knows that i am not whining and my sis knows and so does my mil. i just get so weirded out by docs LOL especially when i know that other ppl have it worse then i do kwim? anyway my hips have given me problems for quite sometime and i guess its about time i do something about it LOL. thanks for listening

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

OMG! You have MONO?? lol Despite having a virus that makes you so tired isn't it a relief to find out what it is. Of course, I still feel you need a vitamin B shot.
I am looking forward to finding out what your x-rays show. In the meantime, did he give you something for the pain?

8:48 PM  
Blogger christina said...

yeah that's what i think too LOL i wanted to go see your doc but she doesn't take my insurance anymore :( anyway this doc sounds really good and will hopefully take care of my hip and no he didn't give me anything for pain but i didn't really push that either LOL i just want it figured out and hopefully fixed.

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope they get to the bottom of your hip pains. I was in pain with my hips all through the pregnancy and had to have 3 months of pysiotherapy after birth.

Its much better now, thankfully.
Hope you feel better soon Christina.

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christina , I was wondering what had happened to you ! I am so glad that the Dr found your mono . Take care of yourself . By the way , did you know that mono's other name is " THE KISSING DISEASE " ? LOL ! Hope that your hip isn't serious and that you feel better really quickly !

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home